Friday, September 17, 2010

Visiting HOPE sites in Honduras and Nicaragua

I hope you can join me virtually as I visit Project HOPE sites in Honduras and Nicaragua next week.

Over the past 17 years, Project HOPE has helped more than 24,000 women and their families through our Village Health Banks – a micro-lending program. I will meet with some of the women whose lives have changed as a result of the program. I look forward to sharing their stories with you.

In 1966, the SS HOPE docked in Corinto, Nicaragua, beginning a 44-year relationship with the people of this important Central American country.

Recently, thanks to a generous donation of 1 million doses of a pneumonia vaccine from Merck & Co., Inc., HOPE launched a campaign in collaboration with the Nicaragua Ministry of Health to vaccinate men and women with chronic diseases. I will share first-hand updates with you, from one of the vaccination locations.

While I wish you could join me in person, I hope you will join me online to see how your support is making a difference in the lives of the people of Honduras and Nicaragua.

I’ll see you online.

John

No comments: